The AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED is another high-quality zoom lens option customized for digital cameras, part of the new DX Nikkor series. Designed specifically for use with Nikon digital SLR cameras with the smaller DX size chip, it features wideangle zoom capability, ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and Nikon's exclusive built-in SWM (Silent Wave Motor).
The lens is targeted at professional and advanced amateur Nikon D-SLR users who demand both the advantages of high optical performance and wideangle focal zoom range.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum. Equivalent focal length in 35mm is 25.5-85.5mm.
Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please see here for a list of compatible models.
Note! DX lenses are NOT recommended for use with 35mm, digital "full-frame" FX, or APS SLR cameras
- Fast, ultra-wideangle zoom lens with Silent Wave Motor
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration, provide higher resolution and superior contrast
- Three aspherical lens elements minimize distortion, especially at the periphery, for superior optical performance
- "SWM" (Silent Wave Motor) for swift autofocusing with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation
- The rounded diaphragm opening (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and great body balance
|Compatible Mount||Nikon F|
|Dimensions (L x W x D)||85.5 x 110.5 mm|
|Net weight (kg)||0.755g|
|Item Returns||This item can be returned|